Friday

Sven




Paris, October 2010

A ray of sunlight. Seemingly hot. Hidden under my blanket I explore the birth of the day. My large bed is empty. There is no noise in my apartment. It's time to wake up. Or maybe, five more minutes. Or ten. One hour later, my head made it's way to the other end of the bed. My feet are caressed by the morning freshness of an autumn's day.  The light is golden and thick. After a long shower I am ready to face the World fearlessly. Everything smells wet. Like the earth from the parc. Dry leaves crushed on the pavement. A memory of fresh mushrooms from my childhood forest. A few hundred hasty steps towards the tube. A few stations filled up with people on my way to work...

And tonight another sleepless night. Another nocturnal terror. This terrible lack of someone else's presence, like I couldn't be enough for myself. Like if I was not alone in my own head in the end. 

No comments: