Friday

Gerald



London, June 2010

As soon as I saw her figure, I knew it was her. She entered a building in Camden Town. I followed her. I caught up with her. She turned around. She hardly recognized me, yet still. I've got lost in her light blue eyes, charmed by her slightly surprised smile and intrigued by the blond locks falling to her  temples. 

"So it is you!" I said completely stunned. 
"Yes." she warmly answered.
"What are you doing in London?"
"We came from Sydney with mom."

At this point, her mother turned towards me:
"If I knew how you were, I would have never done it!"

She took her by the hand and they disappeared in a restaurant.

I didn't keep on following them. She was still mad at me. I haven't seen them in eleven years. 

It was my barely adult daughter. 

No comments: